Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Miss Teen USA… NOT. Or, Feeling a Little Masochistic?

WHAT?!?!

Dude, she finished as the THIRD RUNNER-UP. What the hell?

Here’s the transcript, just in case you didn’t catch all of that:

Question:

"Recent polls have show a fifth of Americans can’t locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is? "

Answer:

"I personally believe… that… U.S. Americans are unable to do so because… that some… people out there in our nation don’t have maps and… uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should… our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S…. err, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future. "

I know you just read that about ten times... People CLAPPED for that. Okay, there’s polite, and then there’s recognizing that a girl needs to be in really special ed. Maybe it was her Make-A-Wish. She didn’t even have the decency to just pack it up and go home. I woulda just dropped a light fixture on her and ended her misery. You gotta know when to hold ‘em, and you gotta know when to fold ‘em.

Her explanation was that she “completely misunderstood” the question. “I wasn’t expecting (the question). I lost my train of thought.” Sweetie, your train took off a loooooooooong time ago.

AND, she ended up on The Today Show! I LOVE Matt Lauer’s second question to her. Here’s the clip, in which she has a second chance to answer the question (skip the first part – it’s the clip from the Miss Teen USA show, because to watch it again would be completely insane):

It’s killing me, too, because she wants to be a special FX artist? Oy. Look out Appalachian State. And we should not let her move to SoCal – we have enough trouble with the blonde airhead image already.

FYI, I had to watch the clip seven times to make sure I got all of it. I think my brain is deteriorating as I write this…

No comments: