Thursday, August 30, 2007

Across the Universe

Okay, in light of the fact that I’ve been feeling very cynical the last few days, here’s a trailer for a new movie called Across the Universe, which is a story about a young man from Britain who moves to the U.S., the girl he meets, and the turbulent Sixties era they live through. I have to admit, the reason I first saw this trailer is because I read that the music in the movie was that of The Beatles, probably the greatest band to ever record an album (and I don’t care what kind of music you prefer, you probably agree with me). Anyway, it seems like an okay movie, but the soundtrack really helps:


* * *

And because I can’t help but write something a little negative, it was reported on AICN (Ain’t It Cool News for the uninitiated – http://www.aintitcool.com/) that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will be taking Eddie Albert’s role in a remake of Escape from Witch Mountain. Now, I haven’t seen the movie since I was a kid, but I did love it when I was younger, so I’m not really sure how I feel about this. Especially in light of the fact that The Rock will be a taxi cab driver, instead of a grandfatherly figure driving a Winnebago. Hmm.

I actually like The Rock. He seems like a decent dude and would be good if he stuck to Schwarzenegger-type roles (action and action-comedy). He seems kinda likeable in the upcoming, sure-to-be-a-flop The Game Plan, in which he stars as a star quarterback who suddenly finds out he has a ten-year-old daughter. He’s also starring the upcoming Get Smart, based on the old TV show, with Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway, Alan Arkin, and Terrance Stamp that’s due out June 20, 2008. Here’s the trailer:
Well… that wasn’t as negative as I thought it was going to be. =)

No comments: