Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Today, We Are All Hokies


I have my own thoughts on the Virginia Tech incident that occurred on Monday, but I thought I’d share a couple of things that I found on the Net that were positive.

The “Today, we are all Hokies” tribute on the Facebook social networking site is a nice show of support from college students across the nation. It’s listed under the “Always Remember VIRGINIA TECH” group. Since most of you won’t be view the tribute, I posted a sampling here. They were created by students at their respective institutions.

There are close to 700 pictures up at the group now with more being added by the minute. This morning there were just over 400. They include photos of vicitims, campus vigils, news stories, and other tribute graphics. If your alma mater isn’t represented, it’d be nice to have it added. There are other tribute pages on Facebook as well.

Also, here’s another beautiful sentiment I saw on Flickr titled "To the parents of the innocent victims on the campus of Virginia Tech:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pultzpics/462431465/

No comments: