Monday, March 26, 2007

“D’OH!” of the Day, Part 2

I needed to stop by the local Chevron gas station on my way to work this morning. As I was pulling into the left-turn lane to get to the station, I noticed that there was a car on the other side of the intersection that had its hazard lights on. It was an unfortunate sight, because this was on Bristol Street, which is pretty busy during rush hour, and you know it really had to suck to be the driver of a car that dies on you on a Monday morning.

I thought the driver had just left the car, but as the traffic around it cleared up, a woman popped out of the driver’s seat, her hair wet like she’d just gotten out of the shower. She went around the back of the car, opened the door, and took her little girl out of the backseat. I was still waiting to turn left as she then opened the trunk and pulled out what I thought was her daughter’s backpack, at which time the light turned green and I pulled into the gas station. By the time I’d parked my car and gotten out, she was headed towards the station. I asked her if she needed help, to which she responded sheepishly, “No, thanks. I’ve got it,” holding up a one-gallon gas can…

How much must that suck? She ran out of gas about fifty feet from a gas pump, on a Monday morning on one of the busiest streets around, while rushing to get her kid to school. Ouch.

No comments: